|Subject: Smashing Horn Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:49 am|| |
With Xyz out all over the place and ppl merging their stun, LB and just about any other deck that focuses on control or Xyz, it may be harder to overcome some things with certain decks. Well that's why u give 'em hell with THIS:
Effect: When a monster effect or Trap Card is activated that negates the Normal or Special Summon of a monster(s): Negate the activation and destroy it.
Now this card is good for soooooo many reasons but lemme give u the main ones:
1. Solemn Warning: Yes this card is mained in just about every deck, which makes some ppl tremble in fear when even 1 card is face-down. But Konami generates hate vs warning and makes this, notice how it says on the card, monster eff or TRAP CARD . Solemn Warning, umadbro?
2. Thunder King Rai-oh: This card gives sooo many problems that it's hard to count the number of times that I see this card and want to slap the player using it *glares at Vongy* but this card stops it. Some may say, well what if he won't negate the summon? Let me ask those ppl this, If u had field advantage with only this card against my synchro spam deck, would u honestly let me summon a synchro and take over? I think not. Therefore TKR users will most likely negate the summon flip this on them, and they get -1 for nuthin TKR, umadbro?
3. Steelswarm Roach: This is one of the perfect anti-meta cards, the cost is actually a +1 to give ur opponent -[insert number here]. He negates u chain this, ur opponent says wtf is that? You say, "Roach's mama", opponent ragequits and u get free win. Roach, umadbro?
4. Evolkaiser Ragia: Ah the walking judgment, most ppl think that once u summon this card, it's game, all u have to do is tempt them and they negate ur summons, and when they try to, use this on them. They will see that ragia is still only a young dinosaur. Ragia, umadbro?
There are other cards that can fall victim to this such as Royal Oppression, and special archtype cards, so I think this could be an ok side. Comes out in Generation Force pack, which will be released in 4 days, have fun.
| Lunar Zero|
|Subject: Re: Smashing Horn Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:23 am|| |
I honestly wouldn't use this at all. It's not a bad card, but the chances that you will have this when needed isn't to great. To be blunt, most decks have better things to run.
|Subject: Re: Smashing Horn Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 am|| |
U say not needed, I say side again't those damned anti-meta, hell it ain't main deck worthy, but when u come across a stun deck, you may need this at 1-2 D: prolly 1 though
| Lunar Zero|
|Subject: Re: Smashing Horn Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 am|| |
It's basically just a worse Seven Tools, imo. Sure it gets rid of a few monsters, but that in itself is extremely situational. It might see siding if Xyz Jurracs get popular, because Ragia is easy to get off.
|If your opponent has Royal Oppression face-up on the field and you Special Summon Cyber Dragon, your opponent can use Royal Oppression’s effect and pay 800 Life Points to negate the Summon of Cyber Dragon. You won’t be able to negate Royal Oppression with Smashing Horn, since Royal Oppression wasn’t just activated.|
This also makes it a little less playable.
|Subject: Re: Smashing Horn Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:40 am|| |
Smashing horn negates mainly rai-oh, steelswarm roach, solemns, meaning that when u side it, ur prepared to face stun decks most likely, better than 7 tools in some cases just cuz:
1. Seven tools can't negate rai-oh and stellswarm
2. You can attempt a synchro and then use this on the negation cards, while 7 tools only stops traps
^main reasons why it's a good side
|Subject: Re: Smashing Horn Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:00 am|| |
smashing ground and 7tools better ;d the card it's too situational imo, it's quite possible in moment of the game just hold it on the field and can't using it.Tkro is such a badass because his first effect at all, so just smashing ground it.
| Life Stream Dragon|